07-05-15 | Dad @ Diner

My dad is in town for a couple of days, so I took him out this morning for a belated birthday breakfast and snapped this candid shot from about 2 feet away. At this rate, this new lens is never coming off my camera. Having the ability to go from a nice wide 28mm to a distant 300mm is very convenient. I was initially taking this shot with the intention of desaturating it and posting it in Black & White, but the colours work too well to lose them. It wasn't intentional, but a welcome accident none-the-less.

*Side note: A really surreal moment during our breakfast; The waitress came around to clear our plates and as she was clearing mine, she said "You did good!" like she was talking to an 8 years old. Just bizarre considering I was sitting across from my dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that pic turned pretty awesome